Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wacky Wednesday



Dave took this picture. I'm not sure quite why. The potty-training fun continues in our house. Some days are better than others. I thought I'd provide a list of items I would recommend to have on-hand if you should find yourself needing to potty-train someone in the near future:

  • Little potty or potty seat for the toilet (get one with a "shield" if its for a boy!)
  • Poster board for a potty chart
  • Variety of stickers that match your child's interests (i.e. dinosaurs, cars, animals, trains)
  • Variety of interesting books/magazines to pass the time
  • Other treats/bribes if stickers aren't enough incentive (I had to make a "Treasure Box" full of little plastic animal's for Cali. Diego is happy with "nan-dee" aka mini marshmallows.)
  • Flushable moist wipes
  • Sanitizing wipes for wiping the potty (or floor) clean
  • A good carpet cleaner (some days we might as well have a new puppy)
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Disinfectant/odor elminating spray or plug-in air freshener (I like the Glade Plug-in with a fan and Oust Disinfecting spray)
  • Pull-ups (when you leave the house or too busy to keep a close eye on them)
  • Undies (beware my kids both peed in these early on in the process)
  • Lots and lots and lots of time, patience, and enthusiasm!

1 comment:

Jessica Ryan said...

Oh My gosh I LOVE that picture!!!