Thursday, May 7, 2009

9 of 52

Forever In Blue Jeans


Just hanging out with Cali before her naptime, then I decided to teach her how to use the Canon Elph. She took 8 pictures of my elbow before getting a few good ones. That's her beloved Bear on my head. She's been attached to him since about 5 months old. Don't tell her, but this is actually the 3rd one (thank goodness for ebay!)


Saturday afternoon we went to an airshow. The top one I took myself and the bottom I asked a stranger to do. That would be a UH-1 "Huey" helicopter, same one our dog is named after. More airshow pics (including D looking way too comfortable in the pilot's seat) here.


*************************************************************************************
Are you the Mom who's always taking pictures and look back only to realize you aren't IN any of them? Do your kids look through photo albums and ask "Where were you Mommy?" Well, Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans decided to change all that and challenges any one who's interested to do the same. So hand over the camera, or at least figure out the self-timer and get on the other side of the lens more often. Post your photos of you enjoying time with your family every Thursday and share the link with other Mom's by posting it on Carin's blog. You can start any time with week 1 of 52, don't worry about being "behind" just jump on in.

11 comments:

Carin said...

Wow, that first picture - you two look so much alike. She did good with the picture and it looks like a good time was had at the air show.

I know it's not always easy but you are doing a great job parenting!

Darcie said...

I was going to say the same thing as Carin...you and your little girl look so much alike. I always love the quiet moments before naps and bedtime. Sweet pictures.

jen@odbt said...

All great shots. I think it's funny how attached they get to things...that is a good thing you have back ups.

Woolverton Girl said...

Did Cali take the one you posted on Facebook?? That one was really cute. I loved it! You've got lots of pictures from this week. You did way better than me.

Andrea said...

Hey Vanessa... we both forgot to post pics from the shaved ice.. or was that last week?

Jess said...

Cali is a great photographer:) What awesome pictures!

Phoenix said...

Awesome photos! Such a fun time before nap, gotta love it. I really like the photos from the air show also, looks like a good time was had by all. :)

The J's said...

That's really cool. Gotta love that digital too, for kids taking pictures!

Anonymous said...

aw... can't we see the elbow shots? :) She did a good job!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great pictures! I love it when my kids take pictures of me...it's so interesting to see myself through their eyes.

Kat said...

She did good if she just got 8 of your elbow! the helicopter looks like some fun...Happy Mother's Day!