Dave has taken part in this wonderful program called United Through Reading where deployed soldiers are invited to choose a book and read it on camera for their kids. Then the book and DVD are sent back home for the kids to enjoy. Today we recieved our copy of Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends (one of my childhood favorites - great pick Daddy!), what a great surprise to end the day.
For more info or to donate to this program visit http://www.unitedthroughreading.org/military/





















8 comments:
love Shel Silverstein... love him love him love him!!!
How wonderful the kids must have been so happy to see Dave!
That is grrrreat! I love it!! The kids both look so happy. I'm glad he did that for them.
That is a fantastic program. Big fan of Shel too...love the snail that lives in your nose.
What a great and awesome program! I bet that DVD will get reused and reused! Wonderful.
Wow what an awesome program for our military guys!!! And how wonderful for you and the kiddos to have that to watch over and over!!!
Just wanted to thank you for dropping by "Five Moms & A Blog" and visiting me/us. Vanessa does seem like a super sweetheart!
Nice to meet ya! Look forward to seeing you around. =0)
~Erica
That is soo cool! I love that book too!
what a fantastic program!
xox
Post a Comment