This was such a fun project we did today. I got the idea from April issue of Family Fun magazine. You will need:
Fun objects cut from old magazines
Glue
colored paper
cardboard (optional) - mine was from back of construction paper pack
large sheet of paper or poster board for background
I set up the house while they had their snack and watched their new favorite show (Ni Hao Kai Lan). Cut 5 squares for the rooms, and a large & small triangle for the roofs. Have the kids choose what to put in each room. We chose to make each room distinct but you could just put the objects randomly if that makes them happy. For example, ours is red = D's room, orange = bathroom, yellow = Cali's room, blue = kitchen, spare room = garage, and remember to decorate your yard too!
If you try it, let me know.. I'd love to see your houses too. Can you guess which piece is my very favorite in our house?
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Home Sweet Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















6 comments:
Is it the girl jumping over the roof?
Previous post from David.
Yeah that's Cali doing her gymnastics :)
The girl on the roof is hilarious, but my favorite it the Mom in the kitchen! She cracks me up!! Maybe I'll do this with Zander, he loves to play with glue.
This is so adorable and creative, I love it!!
Yep the Mom in the kitchen is my fave. It makes me laugh every time. D picked it up right away and said "Mommy", guess I do look like that at times :)
Post a Comment