Saturday, November 22, 2008

5,000 "Chenille Stems"


Actually I'm just guessing because we threw the bag away, maybe its only 1,000 but this is what happens when you let the kids play with them. Don't worry, I told them to. I needed the colors all mixed up for my project. Check out the newest issue of Parents magazine to see our inspiration - we're making a giant chain (similar to one you'd make out of paper links) to hang on the Christmas tree. Oh and if you Google "pipe cleaners" you will get actual pipe cleaning tools, if you're looking for the fun colorful sort try "chenille stems" instead.

4 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

your latest comment really touched my heart! thank you my friend!
I love coming to YOUR wholesome world!...I'm cooking for this Thanksgiving! Your pumpkin Cheesecake sounds really interesting, will you be sharing the recipe soon? I need some inspiration ;)
alexox

Sprite's Keeper said...

I saw this in the magazine and thought how cool that would be, but Sprite still seems a little young for it. Hopefully, you'll post the results! I'm sure it will be beautiful. Thanks for stopping by!

Andrea said...

You're right I mostly did it on my own. They helped mix the colors as seen in the photo then she handed them to me as I went. I actually finished it on my own when they were in bed.

Kim Moldofsky said...

What a cute idea. After reading your comment on my Baby Bunching post at Momformation I'm amazed you have time to read magazines!

I remember being shocked a few years back to see pipecleaners had been renamed chenille stems.

Enjoy the project!