Monday, January 26, 2009

Nail Polish


Cali has asked a couple times to have her fingernails painted. Usually after seeing other, bigger girls with theirs done. In the past I always told her I would not paint her nails until she stopped sucking her thumb. Earlier this week she asked again and I tried a different tactic. I told her yes I would paint her nails but if I saw her sucking her thumb one time I would take it off right then and there. It worked! She still has a habit of putting her fingers near her mouth now and then but I haven't seen her suck her thumb once. I even threw in the added incentive that if she did really well we'd go buy her a new color. She immediately remembered the incredible display of colors she'd seen a few weeks ago at Clare's in the mall. When I mentioned a new color she asked... "from that store at the Texas mall?" So she's earned it and I'm very proud of her. I'm guessing she's going to pick green; she's been saying that's her favorite color recently.

1 comment:

Rob said...

What a great photo. It will be one to cherish as the years go by. Thanks for sharing.