Wednesday, May 27, 2009

12 of 52

Forever In Blue Jeans

Monday was such a nice day and we had no plans for the day so at 830am I decided it would be a great day for the zoo. By 900 we were in the car headed North. Its about an hour drive one way and the kids did so nicely in the car for me... a bag of cheerios w/ Craisins helped too. We had a super fun time and I was so happy to not even need the stroller anymore. They walked the whole zoo no problem, other than D wanting to be held for a few minutes at the very end.


I didn't think about the back-lighting problem when I set up this timer shot. Lesson learned.. I tried to touch it up with my new Aurora editing program.


And I really like this one taken by a friend in our backyard. It really shows his true personality and its easy to see why he makes me laugh on a daily basis.

*************************************************************************************
Are you the Mom who's always taking pictures and look back only to realize you aren't IN any of them? Do your kids look through photo albums and ask "Where were you Mommy?" Well, Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans decided to change all that and challenges any one who's interested to do the same. So hand over the camera, or at least figure out the self-timer and get on the other side of the lens more often. Post your photos of you enjoying time with your family every Thursday and share the link with other Mom's by posting it on Carin's blog. You can start any time with week 1 of 52, don't worry about being "behind" just jump on in.

18 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

They all turned out cute! I like the one you fixed with your new program, it turned out pretty good. & you are definantly right, that last one truely has 'D' written all over it!!

More Than Words said...

Those came out good, and I love the one in B&W!!

Mamí♥Picture said...

WOW, GREAT Pics! you did really GOOD!!! LOVE THEM!

Jessica Ryan said...

i actually really like the back lit look!

Darcie said...

You do an AMAZING job getting pictures every week.

Loved all the picutres, really like all the green in the last one.

Shasta said...

I can't even pick a favorite, they are all SO good, in different ways! I love random trips like that too, glad you had a fun time at the zoo!

jen@odbt said...

What a fun just because outing. It's so nice not to have to deal with strollers anymore. I like the b&w one too.

Mikki said...

Cute pics!
Just stopping by to say via the 52 weeks!

Hi! :-)

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh, love them all. And even though you didn't like the one with the backlighting, I really liked it! Great shots! My boys really want to go to the zoo, but it is almost too hot now (we live in AZ, 100 degree heat and the zoo are good together!)

Carin said...

Another great week of pictures! How spontaneous to head to the zoo. I bet the kids really enjoyed it. I like the self timer picture, the editing looks great too. Great job! I bet your husband enjoys these pictures very much =)

Jess said...

To Cute, I like that you put up the one that I sent you:)

Clair said...

Great photos and i love the one that you fixed up. Its gorgeous.

Alison said...

I LOVE how your number 3 picture turned out!

I see your without your husband right now. Just wanted to say how much we appreciate all our servicemen and women. Thinking of you today, Alison

Kate said...

I love all of your pictures! It looks like your little boy would fit right in with my boys. :)
Wish we could have been at the zoo with you. I love it just as much as the boys do.

Anonymous said...

Very fun picture. They have "joy in the little moments" written all over them. You have a great range of lighting styles here...

Kat said...

In that first one your son looks as if he is thinking up some mischief. I really like the black and white. I don't think it was a lighting problem so much as it turned out to be a fabulous shot because of the interesting lighting and shadows.

Andrea said...

Thank you all for so much positive feedback, especially on that middle one. I do like how the edited version turned out but the original wasn't much to look at. Chili Pepper, you're right because he is ALWAYS thinking of some mischief! :)

The J's said...

Really enjoyed your pictures. Your backlighted one turned out very good too. Isn't it wonderful with digital & all the programs to "fix"!! I'm glad I didn't throw away some of my old "bad" ones, now they can be scanned & fixed. sometimes it's really surprising how good they turn out!