I didn't make any plans for Mother's Day this year. Ideally, a magic fairy would have come and done all my chores today and the kids would have behaved like little angels the entire day... That didn't quite happen but we all had a nice day anyway.
I decided I wanted to go shopping (and we needed dog food too) so we did a nice tour of the pet shop, then I got myself a few things at Target & Old Navy. At home I indulged in a little catnap on the couch while D napped and Cali entertained herself in her room. In the afternoon I had a nice long chat with Dave online and he got to see us on the webcam, then the kids wanted to swim. Since I was attempting to "take the day off" I joined them and we had a lot of fun pretending to be sea otters together. I got to be their mommy otter and feed them fish, teach them to swim, sing them otter lullabies and give them otter kisses and snuggles. Then they ran off to play on the otter park and the otter swings that daddy otter built. They were so happy to have me playing with them rather than worrying about all the little chores I usually do in the yard. Cali told me later that she "had so much fun playing otters together." It was a nice reminder to stop and play and enjoy their smiles and laughter, even if it means more chores to catch up on later.
Cali had a basic understanding of Mother's Day since we'd talked about it during the week at storytime. She was sweet enough to make these 3 different "cards" for me.


Diego also thought he'd be creative while I was attempting to set up my call forwarding (so Dave could reach me even if I wasn't home). He must have remembered Daddy once stamping his hand with one of my scrapbooking stamps so he helped himself to it...
He did make this cute little "map", and insisted on carrying it around with him all morning.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
I'm so sorry the magic fairy didn't make it to your house on Mother's Day! What's with her anyway!? I could have used her a TON of TIMES in the last two years =)
Your kids obviously loved having you play otter with them. What a good mom! It was a great reminder to me to stop and play. It's hard when dad is gone and there is so much work to do. I needed that reminder to take that time. thanks for that! Happy Mother's day!
Great Shuttercal pic of you all in the pool - did you set that on a timer? I love those moments when I actually stop to play and enjoy.
I am so happy that you had a special Mothers Day! The time that you spent with your kiddos yesterday will always be remembered, and the chores will always wait for another day.
Post a Comment