I'm really starting to think that we are getting completely spoiled in Texas. First with all the warm, sunny weather that's nearly year-round (yes there are cold, wet, windy days but not very many) and now with all the new spray parks and water parks to keep us cooled off in the sweltering summer months. Whoever came up with the idea of spray parks is a hero in my book. If you want to be outside in Texas during the summer you really don't want to be far from the water. There are several new spray parks in the area, all free as part of the city parks' departments! Now there's also a brand new city-run water park about 30 min away (and another that will be closer but isn't open yet).
For us to spend 5 fun-filled, water-soaked, exhausting hours at this water park cost us a grand total of $7! Kids under 3 are free, and even kids 4-17 are only $4. You can also bring in all your own food. Such an awesome place to be able to take the kids, for so cheap and so close to home. Its like a mini-Schlitterbahn and has just the right stuff for the little ones. Cali exclaimed "This is going to be so much fun!" as soon as she saw it, and 5 hours later when I finally convinced them to leave with a promise of a cold treat from Sonic she confirmed "Mommy I had so much fun here... we should come back tomorrow."
So much fun in fact that I barely kept them up til 7 that night. I walked out of Cali's room at 6:55, went straight to the couch and fell fast asleep until midnight. I rolled off the couch, took a shower and crawled into bed where I slept like a rock until 8am.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Spoiled in Texas
Posted by
Andrea
at
11:14 AM
Labels: family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























7 comments:
Awesome, we can't wait to go, it looks like it is a great water park for our kids age:) and I'm glad now to know the coast is cheep and that I can bring our own food in:)
Oooh, that looks like so much fun!
So cool! I am totally taking the girls there next week!
That is a great smile! Makes me wish it was hot enough here - my kids love water parks too.
Is she scared or excited...or a little of both, I can't quite tell.
It looks like a lot of fun. We will be checking it out soon!
Andrea-
Hi-I am the flaky girl is supposed to have sent your stuff to you that you won on mommy blogs. I really hope that you will forgive me that I am not contacting you until now.
SInce May is over, how about I send you June VT kits instead. If you don't mind shooting me an email at kalhoyt@comcast.net with your info-I will get your stuff out to you asap.
I hope you don't think that I am a total idiot for not contacting you until now. I am just thrilled that may is finally over. Thanks for understanding. I look forward to talking to you soon!
PS-I am so jealous of the water park! Looks from the smiles your kids had a ball!!
Lucky You! Lovely pix!!
xox
Post a Comment