scSo I've done a few "regular" scrapbooks of the kids but now that I have two I got to the point where I had to figure out what to do with all our family photos. Stuff like our little weekend adventures or our vacations, or just in general around the house. Plus I'm not going to be making everyone an individual scrapbook for the next 18 years anyway. So I saw on this PBS Scrapbooking show (I forget the name) an idea to use regular 4x6 albums, so I think and I ponder and I contemplate and I finally figure out my plan.
I will use the 4x6 sheets (there's 6 slots per page) and a 3-ring binder to do all the family pictures. I'm still a year behind so I'm thinking I can finally start to "catch up" using this method too. Now if I want I can still slip in a 12x12 or really any other size I want to so the Gemini part of my is very happy I can have that variety.
I even learned a great trick from my fabulous, scrapping friend Emily. She will take a photo and simply back it with cardstock, punch some holes and throw it in the binder. She's so clever! So whenever I have a random photo or two that just won't fit in with the others that is my go-to trick. I can even leave enough of a border or overlap for embellishments and journaling.
I'd be happy to show you photos of all this fun stuff, but my dearest husband hijacked my camera and flew across the country in his helicopter. By "his", I mean the Army's but you get the picture. Anyway when he comes back I will get some pictures up of my exciting new 4x6-type layouts.
The goods: On another note I did a bit of research regarding this whole set-up and found several nice options available now. But being the cheapskate I am I had to find the cheapest option and went with the stuff they have at Hobby Lobby so I could get it 50% off when it came up on sale. The brand is called Ultra-Pro and the 4x6 pages are $5 for 10 pages (each page has 12 slots if you count front and back) and you can get them for $2.50 when HL puts all their page protectors on sale. The binder was $15-20 and I got that 50% off too.
Other options: My friend Emily pointed my to Ali Edward's blog to start my research, she has lots of great info on this idea. I really like the Pebbles, Inc. Share & Tell system but again I just wanted to do this on the "cheap" and I didn't spend too much time trying to find a good deal on this one.
More inspiration: I just came across another like-minded scrapper via the Simple Scrapbooks Mag. Gallery, here is her blog with some great photos of her pages.
If you're into this style of scrapping too or interested in trying, let me know! I'd love to see your ideas and what page protectors you're using. Check back for photos of my work.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Another Way to Scrapbook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
HI ANDREA,
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG.
I JUST GET SO EXCITED WHEN I "MEET " A FELLOW SCRAPPER WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS THAN MINE!
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, THE ONES YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ARE SOLD AT BLICK'S ART STORE, I DON'T REMEMBER THE EXACT BRAND NAME BUT I KNOW THAT'S WHERE I FOUND THEM.
KEEP ME POSTED, I'LL VISIT YOUR BLOG AGAIN TO SEE THE PIX OF YOUR PAGES.
( I READ YOU LIKED KNITTING AS WELL?)
ALL THE BEST,
ALEXANDRA S.M.
Post a Comment