I really don't know anything technical about photography, but today I was messing with the menu on my Kodak V1003 point & shoot and saw I could change the ISO & White Balance (among other things). The White Balance was easy enough because there was a "Natural Light" option and we were outside so that made sense. Now the ISO I am totally clueless, I hear it might have something to do with shutter speed. I used my friend Shana's camera the other day and noticed she had hers on ISO 80 so I just went with that. Here's the results...
ETA: You'll have to click them to see the actual quality because my layout is a little transparent and they appear faded out here.

I can tell a difference in the sharpness and brightness of the colors, I think I'll be experimenting with this some more and stepping away from the "auto" function on occasion.
Oh, and regular Crayola paints work really well on the vinyl Dollar Store tablecloth.

On more thing... D is crazy! He is actually saying "CHEEESE" to me. 
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
ISO & White Balance
Posted by
Andrea
at
9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Remember buying film back in the day...you had to pick a speed like 100, 200, 400, etc. That's essentially what ISO is. The lower your ISO the better the quality in terms of graininess. The higher the number, the more grain you will see. To use a low ISO you need plenty of light. So when shooting outdoors you should be able to set the camera to the lowest ISO setting. When shooting indoors you will have to bump it up in order to get a fast enough shutter speed.
This is probably way more info than you wanted. I could go on for hours but I will shut myself up now. Cute pics!!
Post a Comment