Saturday, June 14, 2008

BREAKTHROUGH CHICKEN POX

My friend's little boy has chicken pox (poor guy) and he's been vaccinated. Turns out you can still get it and its called BREAKTHROUGH CHICKEN POX, supposedly its not as bad if you've been vaccinated but you can also still get it more than once. Crazy.

Do you remember having the chicken pox as a kid? Did they have a vaccine for that back in the 80s? I remember I got the chicken pox when I was about 3, so in 1985. I was supposed to be the flower girl for my aunts wedding. My brother had had it too (that's how I got it) but he was all clear by the wedding so he went and was the ring bearer while I had to stay home with my Granny Blanche. I faintly remember being on some sort of bed, having little dabs of calamine lotion all over and being told over and over not to scratch. I felt like I missed out on something for many many years and was always sure to blame my brother for it. I never got the opportunity to be a flower girl ever again. Poor me. We were in the middle of moving too, I'm sure that wasn't much fun for my parents.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I am sorry that you missed out on being a flower girl. I was never one either. Boo hoo for us.

Lemme tell you, breakthru pox were a snap. Over and done with it 5 days.