Since Dave is taking off for awhile, we decided to spoil the kids a bit today. That meant a morning at the spray park, then dinner at Dairy Queen!, followed by a splurge at Toys R' Us. The 2nd two things are truly things we really NEVER do. Here's what I learned: the Star shaped treats at DQ are SUPER messy (especially for toddlers) and super stain-y.

Can you tell by her face we don't have treats like this very often?
Lucky for me I finally figured out how to really get a stain out. I have a problem with set-in stains because I really don't pay attention or jump on a stain the minute it happens. So I saw an add for this spray that says its "specially formulated" for set-in stains. I've already tried Oxi-Clean and wasn't having much luck (granted I probably wasn't doing it right to start with). Anyway it's the new Shout Advanced Gel, and its really great. First of all the directions say you can leave it on up to a week! Which according to my dear friend Tish is what she always does. See I told you I didn't know how to get stains out. Anyway its been nice to actually get the stains out instead of having our clothes ruined after just one wearing. See one of my main motto's in life is: Kids are Washable. True, but kids don't stain and their clothes do.
In other news we apparently have several birthdays coming up. I was just informed on our drive home from Toys R Us that Tuesday is Mama Horse's birthday. I also learned that the horse's name is Cali ("Like me") and she wants cake, and its her first birthday ever. Friday is her new baby Jaguar/Cheetah/Lemur's (she's not sure what to call it) birthday and Saturday is Bear's birthday. Except Bear just had a birthday (complete with a REAL pink polka dot cake, guests, party hats, and presents) a month or so ago so I think she's trying to pull one over on me there.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Stains & Birthdays
Posted by
Andrea
at
7:24 PM
Labels: family fun, kids, my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
LMAO!!! Neigh to Mama Horse's Bday!
Post a Comment