Sunday, March 8, 2009

Creative Cropping



Its time for iHeartFaces and this week's theme is "Creative Cropping." I've discovered cropping a very handy tool, especially when taking photos of my kids. There are plenty of times you can get a great expression or funny situation on camera but you can't always plan the background. That's where cropping can come in to really making your subject stand out and make those unsightly backgrounds less prominent. Case in point, after the great "Meet Your Camera" tutorial last week I was playing around with the Manual mode as D ate his edamame. He actually refused to come in the house until I got him the box of edamame ("mah-may") out of the freezer. I loved his face in this shot, but didn't notice til after I took it that there was a chewed up piece of cantaloupe in the box -yuck! I was also happy to crop out other distracting elements like the bright blue highchair, white paper on the table and the bright window frame that distracted from the main focus of the photo.


Make sure you head right on over to iHeartFaces today to check out the other creative crops!

11 comments:

Team Manager said...

Nice job!

Jessica Ryan said...

i love the "after" shot!

I also LOVE the picture of C at the top of your blog!!!

Joannof10 said...

What a cute little face!

jen@odbt said...

Glad you entered it! It is a great use of cropping and puts the focus on face and mahmay :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! :)

DawnS said...

Great photo! I love that he is so excited about eating something healthy!

Shannon said...

LOVE him. What a cutie. The crop is good.

Lori said...

great job I love the close up crop, you see the joy

Randi said...

Such a cute little face! He's a good boy to get that excited about edamame! :)

Woolverton Girl said...

I love this picture of Diego! He is such a cute little dude.

Unknown said...

Such a cute little kiddo! ;-) and the crop is great -- I always have to crop stuff out of my pics . . . usually mess from my house haha