Monday, March 2, 2009

Robin Miller

If you're a busy mom (wait is that redundant?) that likes to cook for your family and haven't heard of or seen Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals you should check it out. You can look up the show times at FoodNetwork.com, or see her list of books at Amazon.com. She uses methods like pre-prepping the meals and planning ahead for the leftovers so you get multiple meals out of one dish. Tonight I'm making her Oven-Baked Fried Chicken. Kind of like a homemade version of the old classic Shake-n-Bake. Here it is all ready to go. I'm serving roasted asparagus and veggie rice on the side.


I learned this Asparagus recipe from my dear friend Shana. It is true what they say about kids needing to try something up to 15 times before they like it. After many, many tries both kids now LOVE asparagus. So much so I may need to start doing two bags because Dave & I aren't get as much as we'd like anymore.

Garlic-Lemon Roasted Asparagus

1 bag frozen asparagus, preferably thawed but its ok if you forget
2-3 cloves fresh mince garlic
sprinkle of kosher salt
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
Juice of 1 lemon

Arrange asparagus in one layer in square baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, mince garlic on top, use a brush to spread the oil & garlic evenly. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast in a square dish @ 400*F for about 10-15 minutes depending on how firm you want it (or if you remembered to defrost). I always just throw it in with whatever else is baking and don't pay much attention to how long it stays. After the aspargus comes out squeeze the lemon juice on top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yum Yum, I'm going to take that one for sure:)