We do a lot of picnics around here. We probably have a picnic meal at least 3 times a week. There are a couple places I drive past when I choose to visit the further away Wal-Mart and avoid the crowds around here. One being Chisholm Trail Park and the other is Miller Springs Park, both just off 439. I tried Chisholm first but that was a big no-go since it was nothing but baseball fields and a big paved path - no playground and even worse no shade! So we swung over to Miller Springs and found it decent enough for a little picnic and exploring. They had about 4 covered picnic tables under a big shady canopy of trees. And as the name implies it was next to a spring so there was water to explore. The water itself was pretty icky so we didn't get too close, but there was all kinds of fun stuff to explore. The highlight: a teeny tiny itty bitty baby frogs no bigger than my pinky nail! Of course my camera died before we found those. Between the tiny frogs, the endless supply of rocks to toss in the water, the little minnows, the two turtles swimming in the water, the caterpillar Cali was brave enough to hold in her hand for a millisecond, the deer poop, and the seashells I'd say we had a nice little dose of nature for today. Next time though I'm taking equipment to catch one of those little bitty frogs!
Enjoying their fresh baked oatmeal, chocolate chip, coconut cookies!
Checking out the caterpillar.
Who needs toys? Tossing rocks is so much fun!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Finding Nature
Posted by
Andrea
at
5:57 PM
Labels: family fun, kids, nature
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Oh they look so cute, it's wonderful that you do go on picnics so often, are you going to scrap that ?
Thanks for sharing Andrea,
alexox
Post a Comment