Here are a few new recipes I've been making recently...
My friend Dana made these for me and I had to get the recipe. I made them while Dave was home, a great way to use up leftover chicken and really quite simple: Rachel Ray's Individual Chicken Pot Pie Pockets *click*
On the side, serve some Paula Deen Squash Boats
4 med yellow squash or zuchinni
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 saltine crackers, crushed (I use Ritz & more than two)
1 cup shredded cheese (she calls for Sharp cheddar, I just use whatever I have)
Preheat oven to 350. Boil the squash until tender, about 15 min. I use my Pampered Chef microwave steamer pot and do it in under 10 min. Drain the squash, let cool. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp leaving shape of squash intact. Place squash shells on greased cookie sheet.
In small skillet melt butter and saute onions until tender. Add salt & pepper, add squash pulp and cracker crumbs. Stuff filling back into squash, top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Yum!
For a yummy & easy summer dessert make some...
Macadamia Lemon Bars
(from an old issue of Taste of Home magazine)
CRUST
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Combine above ingredients in a bowl then press into bottom of a 8in. square baking dish. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
FILLING
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsps grated lemon peel
2 tbsps chopped macadamia nuts
Combine dry ingredients, then mix in eggs, lemon juice, and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Monday, July 7, 2008
NEW RECIPES
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Hi Andrea,
Sounds Delicious!
Thanks for sharing these!
Post a Comment